uTorrent is a lightweight, but very powerful, feature-rich, efficient and built for speed BitTorrent client. uTorrent is also a neat to use and not too complicated software that enables users to download torrent files faster and contributes by sharing files and bandwidth and at the same time it uses as little CPU, space and memory as possible. uTorrent, just like other torrent clients, includes features such as bandwidth prioritization, RSS auto-downloading, scheduling and Mainline DHT. The main difference between the other torrent clients and uTorrent is that the latter is designed for low system resources consumption, as it uses very little memory.
Here are some of uTorrent key features and benefits:
- It is a tiny BitTorrent client (its size is a little over 2 MB).
- It is designed for high speed downloads and low system resources consumption, allowing you to have the smoothest and quickest downloads possible without interfering or slowing down your internet connection, work, play or other online activities at the same time.
- It is an easy, simple to use and not too complicated software.
- Advanced features such as accessing µTorrent from anywhere with µTorrent Remote and more.
- Multiple simultaneous downloads.
- Bandwidth limiter.
- DHT and Peer Exchange.
- RSS feeds.
- Global and per-torrent speed limiting.
- Quick-resumes interrupted transfers.
- Unіvеrѕаl Plug-n-Play to prepare your router for torrent access.
uTorrent is an amazing torrent client, still the application has a lot of ads that can be easily disabled. In order to disable ads in uTorrent you need to open the Options menu and go to Preferences and then select Advanced from the list of settings on the left.
Then you need to find the following settings by typing their names in the empty Filter box or just scrolling the list until you see them in the Name column: bt.enable_pulse, distributed_share.enable, gui.show_notorrents_node, gui.show_plus_upsell, offers.content_offer_autoexec, offers.featured_content_badge_enabled, offers.featured_content_notifications_enabled, offers.featured_content_rss_enabled, offers.left_rail_offer_enabled and offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled.
What you need to do next is to take a look at the Value column for each of these options and if they are set to True, you need to change them to the False option next to Value. After that click Ok to apply changes and return to the main window.