Even though Windows 11 was announced over a month ago, getting access to the new operating system from Microsoft included installing the developer preview, which is mainly for highly technical users, as it doesn’t have stable builds. In late July, Microsoft has released the first Windows 11 beta version, which is available for members enrolled in the Windows Insider Program. According to Microsoft, this beta build brings a lot of improvements to the operating system and is more stable than the previous developer preview, however it is not bugs free, so you’d better install it on a test machine first.
In order to install the beta version, you’ll need a compatible PC. First, you’ll need to check Microsoft’s system requirements page for the latest version of Windows to see if your device will work with the next version of Windows, as not all devices that run Windows 10 will be able to run Windows 11.
For those who installed the Dev preview, you will need to switch from Dev to Beta Channel by heading to Settings, then clicking on Windows Update, next clicking on Windows Insider Program, up next, expanding the Choose your Insider settings menu and choosing Beta Channel (Recommended) from the options that appear.
For those who are still running Windows 10, but want to get Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.100, you will need to follow the steps below:
- First, the only way to get access to this Windows 11 build is to join the Windows Insider Program, as you need to go to Settings, then click on Update & Security, after that choose Windows Insider Program and click on Get Started button.
- On the next screen, you’ll be given an option to Register your Windows account in the Windows Insider Program and you need to click on it.
- Next, click on the Sign Up button in the pop-up box that appears.
- Up next, read and agree to the Windows Insider agreement and privacy statement and once you have done that click on Submit to proceed.
- At this point, the registration process will start and from the pop-up that appears you will be asked to link your account, click Link an account and choose the account you would like to be linked and then click on Continue.
- On the next screen, you will need to choose the Windows Insider channel. Microsoft recommends the Beta Channel. Hit Confirm after you have decided and then Confirm once again.
- In order to complete the signup, you’ll need to restart your PC.
- After the restart and once you’re a member of the Insider Program, you need to head to Settings > Update & Security and from the Windows Update tab, click on Check for updates.
- Then, an update named ‘Windows 11 Insider Preview’ should start downloading.
- Once your PC has downloaded and installed the update, you will have to restart your PC by clicking on a Restart now option.
- You have successfully installed Windows 11 beta and it’s ready to use.
Very useful! Thanks!
works great I just upgraded to windows 11