This is a quick and simple tutorial on how to update B450 BIOS to support Ryzen 5000 CPUs. Just follow the steps below 🙂
- The current BIOS version is 4.20 and Ryzen 5 3600 will be used for the update.
- Insert a USB flash drive.
- Go to your official motherboard manufacturer site and search for your model.
- Click Support on the menu, then select BIOS section and download the latest BIOS version.
- Extract the downloaded archive and copy the file to your flash drive.
- Restart the computer and then enter the BIOS.
- Go to Tools on the menu and select flash. The BIOS will search for the updated file and after that press ok and wait for the process to finish.
- When the process is finished, first you need to restart the computer, then to shut it down and after that to replace the processor.